Trip to Slieve League Cliffs
The cliffs are just a short drive from Kilcar. This is a great day out where you can experience the highest sea cliffs in Europe at 600m.
Enjoy the lovely walk with spectacular scenery along the cliffs.
Trip to Donegal Castle, Donegal Town
Located in the centre of Donegal Town and built by the O'Donnell chieftain in the 15th century, beside the River Eske the Castle has extensive 17th century additions by Sir Basil Brooke.
The Castle is furnished throughout and includes Persian rugs and French tapestries. Information panels chronicle the history of the Castle owners from the O'Donnell chieftains to the Brooke family.
Cill Chartha is steeped in football and they have two of the youngest players in Ireland playing for our County. Pádraig Mac Briartaigh will be training at Coláiste Chill Chártha. The young ladies are into football as well and hope to play against a Coláiste team!
County players both male and female will be present.
Pádraig Mac Briartaigh/Patrick McBrearty
· Cluichí trá / Beach games
· Ealaín agus Ceardaíocht / Art and crafts
· Sacair agus cispheil / Soccer and Basketball
· Céilí agus dioscó / Céilí and disco
· Siúlóídí Cadáigh / Seashore and hill walks
· Eadaí bréige / Fancy dress
· Turais Lae / Day trips
· Óiche Prom / Prom night
· Curachadóireacht / Kayaking
· X Factor Gaelach agus Drámaíocht / Competition for "X Factor" and short drama
· Céilí taobh amuigh / Outdoor céilí
· Trip to different local beaches
· Turas chuig Shliabh a' Liag / Trip to Sliabh Liag
· Turas go Caísleáin Dhún na nGall / Visit to Donegal Castle
Students will be Kayaking and other water sports weather permitting, bring beach wear
Creideamh / Religion
Mass is celebrated weekly during the course. Students are encouraged to attend and take part in the liturgy. Students of other denominations may also attend if they wish.
Cead mile fáilte for students from outside Ireland who wishes to learn Gaeilge!!
Please come and have fun, games song and dance while learning the language!!